Running (away)

So, just like I already mentioned, I am really good at this blogging thing. Am I not? ;) This is a good example of my postponing behaviour (there is another term... procrastination. Good word). So much I want to do. So little time. So let's start this shit already!

Since the start of the year I have been training or the 10K on the Leiden Marathon coming may 18 (yes, that's in two weeks). My goal is to finish within the hour. It was my goal last year, but the weeks before the run I started slacking and it didn't go as I had wanted. Not at all! It took me 1 hour 7 minutes to cross the finish line and that was including walking like 5minutes or so when I passed the 7 km sign. So. Not so good.

So this year I decided to attend the 'Hollen met Han' (translation: running with Han) again and go to all the workouts and do all the homework and run faster. So, I only missed two of the workouts (once every two weeks there is a workout with a certified running coach) and did most of the homework. At least till the 11th of april. Then I started slacking again! Those two weeks were bad. But monday last week I totally reached my goal pace! Keeping it up for about 45 minutes.

During one of the dune-workouts (love those!)


But then disaster struck. Me and the boyfriend went garden shopping and because he has bad knees (and feet and ankles and he's somewhat crooked and broken) I had to push the heavy cart on uneven terrain. Not so good for my knee either apparently. So after the monday I kept it slow (that and I had to arrange lots of things for my best friends wedding) and only ran again the day before yesterday. Luckily it wasn't too bad. Not the goal speed, but most importantly, my knee didn't hurt while running. There will be more homework till monday, because then I leave for a 5-day studytrip to London. So that will be about 7 days of  'rest' before I have to run the 10K. Might even take my running gear to run in Hyde Park. Or I might not. Depend on whether the gear fits in with all my other stuff.

But I guess that all the training and dragging myself out will pay of at last. I still have to do it. The dragging I mean. I use runkeeper. Great app. But lately it keeps messing up my runs. Think the GPS on my phone is bad. Timing my run will also be possible using my heart rate monitor so that will be fine. At least I have to do better than my 1 hour 4 1/2 minutes on the CPC. And I will be proud anyway. I did more for this run than I have done for something in a long time!

And because of the running I already lost 3 kilograms!

Love and health,
Anniek

Reacties

Populaire posts